There are many benefits for kids going to summer camp physically and socially. Camps provide children with a sense of community, purpose and fulfillment. The last years have been challenging for people all over the world. We had to change our routines and turn our lives upside down. Slowly countries reopened, and we enjoyed mundane activities again: restaurants, libraries, shopping at the mall, etc … With our in-person 2023 French Summer Camp, kids will have the opportunity to have fun, make new friends, play outside and stay active while learning French.
Here are some of the top benefits of summer camp as of 2023:
1. Build new language skills
- This fully immersive experience challenges kids, not only to learn French but to speak it daily and with natives. When learning a new language feels like work for kids, they often become disengaged. That’s why we incorporate fun and social activities to make French an enjoyable experience for them.
2. Mental stimulation & Physical Activity
- According to The Washington Post, kids lose as much as 2-3 months of reading skills over the summer. Camp is a fantastic way to keep their minds sharp and focused while having fun. Additionally, it’s a great way to keep them active. Did you know? Physical activities also help build self-esteem and allow children to develop leadership skills.
3. Increased confidence
- Learning a new language comes with successes and failures, but it always builds resilience and strength. By attempting newer and more challenging activities, your child is guaranteed to leave camp with an increased sense of confidence. We teach French in an encouraging and supportive environment, aimed at increasing self-esteem and communication skills.
4. Socialization & Making new friends
- Camp gives children the opportunity to play outside, meet new kids and make lifelong friends. They can enjoy the warm weather, throw a ball around and get some fresh air. Not only that, but the kids get to meet people from different cultures and backgrounds, that they wouldn’t be able to otherwise. According to the American Camp Association, 93% of campers said that “camp helped me get to know kids that are different from me.”
What are you waiting for? Sign up for one (or more) of our summer camp sessions today! Click Here